Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 had more ups and downs than a Craftmatic bed at the Bunny Ranch


2010 was a year of highs, lows, heartbreak, obstacles and challenges. It was the best and worst. It was the year I learned what I was made of.

The lessons of 2010

Blessings sometimes come disguised as heartbreak.

It was a year with great loss. It began and ended with the passing of loved ones. My dear friend Renee in January, my father in December. I learned that when someone leaves this earth their memory lives on within you, in your thoughts and in your actions. They are never far away.

Laughter is as important to my well being as the air I breathe.

Facing fear never gets easier. I did things I thought I could never do. We moved the entire family, four generation into one house. That in itself was a challenge. Overcoming being squeamish to care for the physical needs of my father is something I never thought I could do, yet I did. Managing to keep joy and laughter in your life when facing impending death while a challenge is not impossible. My dad inspired me every day. He had so many obstacles to deal with just to get through a day, yet he did it with a smile and gratitude.

Not everyone will like me no matter how much I wish they would.

The disillusion of friendship. I learned that misunderstandings can't always be repaired no matter how much you had hoped they would be.

Forgiveness is imperative to moving forward.

Not to rush to judgement. Some of the best surprises of 2010 were things I would have missed out on if I had never explored beyond my initial impression.

Passion is the lifeblood of creativity.

The labyrinth always leads back to the people you respect and care about.

Love, It's that simple.

All in all, it was a very good year. Looking forward to a great 2011. Happy New Year!





























All in all, it was a very good year.

4 comments:

Jackie the Artsy said...

Great reflections for all of us, dear Sandi. Must say if anyone doesn't like you, they have to get their head checked because you are awesome! :)
You & the family will continue to be in my prayers. xo

Joy said...

eYou, my dear friend, have a gift: a gift of profound introspection followed by incredibly lucid communication. My prayer is not that 2011 will be entirely smooth for you but that truth and joy will rule your life. Hugs Joy

jimjosephexp said...

Your lessons learned taught me ... thanks and let's hope that 2011 has more ups than downs! Jim

Phil said...

While we all walk our unique paths through life, we do manage to bump into others along the way and share a piece or two of each other as we march on forward. We all gather strength from those connections and interactions.

I for one feel blessed to have bumped into you and to have learned more about you and your own experiences. It strengthens and inspires me on my own journey.

Blessings to you and yours, wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year full of exciting new possibilities and enriching experiences.